Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dishwasher

When we first decided to move and I heard that we did not have a dishwasher I thought I may cry. I hate dishes and all I could think of was the torture of washing dishes for years to come. Then one day someone mentioned something about a portable dishwasher. Seriously. This is not made up? There just may be hope? But then I can't remember if there is room in the kitchen for one. I pray. Upon seeing the kitchen for the second time I see there is a big empty spot right next to the stove and close to the sink. My prayers have been answered! I look up portable dishwasher on craigs list and purchase my very own dishwasher for $250. This dishwasher has been fabulous. It works as good as or better than the one at our old house. Also, when we move I think I can sell this dishwasher for almost what I paid for it although I would have paid the whole $250 just to not do dishes for a year. The only downside I can see of the portable is that you can not use your sink when it runs because it attaches to the faucet so we just run it when we are leaving or at night. Now some people think I am silly (mom and dad) for my passion about this topic but I don't care. I am excited not to do dishes. Would you have bought the dishwasher?

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris Steele said...

In a heartbeat!!! We have a much smaller dishwasher in our apartment (or so it seems), and I'm still adjusting to that. But again, worth every penny.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Hart's Haven said...

I think the dishwasher is a great idea! We all have certain things we don't like to do and if you can buy something to do it for you, that's great!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

ummm yep. abso-freaking-lutely.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Are you kidding me?!! I TOTALLY would have bought the dishwasher. ABSOLUTELY!!! I remember at your dad's house having a dishwasher, but he never let us use it. He said WE were the dishwashers...yuk...glad you got the portable. What does a portable dishwasher look like?

11:03 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Mel- the portable looks exactly like a regular dishwasher. You can't even really tell it has wheels.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is an absolute no-brainer for me. We had a portable dishwasher the whole time we lived in Dallas and for the first several years in Norwalk...There were 2 years that the dishwasher was broken, waiting for Kevin to fix it. We finally figured out there was a chicken bone stuck in it -- and 15 minutes later I had my dishwasher back. Our dishwasher was missing a wheel -- so you had to balance it on 3 wheels to roll it across the room. It was still so worth it.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

So worth it!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home