Saturday, June 28, 2008

Micah update

So I was thinking it has been a while since I have posted what Micah is up to. I think it is hard once they are past a certain age because so much of what they do it new, but I will try to think of some specifics.

Micah is totally into "Knock, knock" jokes. He says, "Knock, knock". Me "who's there?" Micah "mama" or some other random thing. Me "mama who?" And we're done. There is no ending but he loves to do this over and over. We could do the mama one like 10 times in a row. I can hear him right now saying "knock, knock" as he is trying to fall asleep.

We are taking swim lessons. We did it last week and will continue on this week. Micah is the teacher's pet. She always does the demonstration with Micah and then goes on to the couple other kids. It was pretty cold last week so I am glad next week will be warmer. Michelle is taking the class with me and James has been miserable. He is so cold he just sits there and shivers. If he gets close to the side he crawls out and doesn't want to get back in. Poor kid. The class is actually just to get the kids used to the water more that actually swimming. We blow bubbles and play games and sing and kick around the pool. It is pretty fun.

Micah also really likes to pretend. He gets really into it if I use a doll or stuffed animal to play. I drew a face on one of my socks and he loves to walk around with it on his hand and pick up stuff. For a while he wanted Barbie to feed him food like grapes. He got such a kick out of it. I hope he won't want his future girl friends to feed him or they won't be around very long. (Yes we have a Barbie.... someone left it in my class at school and I brought it home). Along with the pretending he likes to pretend to cry or have me pretend to cry. He loves it when we go to the park to have Jeff push him off the slide then run to me sad so I can say "poor Micah" and he can cry then he keeps having Jeff do this over and over so he can cry. Funny kid.

Micah can count to three sort of. Sometime he says, "One, two, two" but he is getting better. He is talking a little more. This month he has really started to add words to his vocabulary although it is slow going. I think that he will start to talk a lot more in the next few months.

Micah is getting very independent. He wants to do a lot stuff on his own. Even if he is screaming in frustration he still doesn't want my help sometimes. This makes me frustrated but I know it is a part of growing up. If I help him sometimes he gets so mad and has to go back and start from the very beginning and do it all himself.

When we cross the street I make Micah hold my hand, of course. I told him that we have to be careful because a car could hit us if we were not careful. Now when we cross the street he looks and says "no car, no car, BOOM" and hits his head with his hand as he says boom. Good imagination.

Well, I am sure there is a ton I haven't said but those are a few I could think of. Until next time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Great updates, very funny. I love that he is saying knock, knock as he's trying to fall asleep.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thanks for the update, good times.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

They grow up so fast. Can you believe he is almost 2 years old already?

Oh just wait...in now time he will be talking up a storm. :)

10:12 PM  
Blogger Hart's Haven said...

Sorry my internet service has been down for a week.... He is so cute I can't wait to see you all next week. I'll have to remember to say knock-knock.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home