Friday, July 11, 2008

Dad and Susan up to visit

My Dad and Susan came up to visit and help us move. They were absolutely fantastically awesome. They helped SO MUCH it was unbelievable. The move went as smooth as could be expected and we had a lot of help which was awesome. We are pretty much unpacked and settled. We even have pictures hanging on the walls although the garage is still a mess and needs to get organized.

But we didn't work the whole visit with Dad and Susan. We had some time to play also. We went to a small parade over near our new house on the 4th of July and then that evening we went up to the Church on the Hill and watched some cool fireworks.







Melissa and David bought Micah a swing car pictured below for his birthday. It is a lot of fun. I like to ride on it but usually Micah makes me get off so he can ride it if he catches me. : )


Before Dad and Susan left my Dad did a whole bunch of projects for us on the new house. It was awesome so now we have enough closet space, 3 prong outlets, shelves and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember now. Susan watched Micah while Dad and I worked and Jeff went to church to preach.

The new house is cool. I like it a lot so far. There are lots of things close by to walk to and all of the neighbors seem REALLY nice. They have things like block partys and stop to say hello and want to get to know you and stuff. Weird.

The only thing I don't like so far is that we are in a heat wave and our heater is stuck on. I think they are coming today to fix it. The other thing is that we have had this aweful smell coming from under our house into our house. I called the management company and they sent someone out yesterday. I thought maybe a sewer pipe burst or there was a dead animal. It turns out cats are living under the house and there is crap all over under there. I am really hoping they take care of this soon because they heat is making the smell really bad. The other thing is that Jeff and I have had a lot of fleas. When the guy came out from under the house he had at least 50 fleas on him. SO GROSS. I thought the people before us had a cat so I was going to bomb the house but now I am realizing that they are coming from under the house. They will need to spray for fleas and clean up the poop soon or I will not be very happy.

Oh and fix the heater! It is stinkin' hot!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

how nice to have your dad and susan up for so much help! that rocks. and yay for plasma/swing/twisty cars!

fleas and heaters and poop smell stink. that's sucks. but yay for renting and having someone else come to fix it!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

That's great that you are already unpacked and even have pictures on your walls. Geez, you work fast. We have been living in our house for over 2 years now and I still don't have all my pictures on the walls.

Your neighbors do sound great. I think that's the best when you have friendly neighbors. I like to bake cookies and stuff for the neighbors, and if they have kids it's even nicer. Micah will have loads of play friends right in the neighborhood...how convenient.

So what do your new digs look like?

6:30 PM  
Blogger Hart's Haven said...

Can't wait to see your new place!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

oh my gosh, didn't the people living there before say anything about about the fleas, bad smell, and heater stuck on? I hope they take care of it for you soon!

I'll glad to hear that you like your new place. I've always thought it would be very cool to be able to walk places without taking a car.

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a great time with all of you guys, and your friends are a lot of fun as well. It was good seeing Jeff's parents again.

I enjoyed spending quality time with Micah. Luann and I enjoyed putting Micah's bedroom together. He has got a really nice room.

I know it sounds selfish, but I enjoyed not having to share you guys with everyone else. We will have to come visit you more often.

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home