Thursday, July 20, 2006

Baby Crafts

Jeff and I went to Michael's and bought some crafts to do for the baby's room. The first one is of some wood letters I painted and a shelf hook thing that Jeff used a very light stain on. I thought it came out cute. We decided that the baby's name will probably be Micah so we bought the letters. I decided after spending a few hours painting the letters that we better stick with Micah because I don't want to have to throw these out and start over. Then in the shower I had a moment of panic as I thought that Micah just didn't sound right and now maybe I am stuck with it. I thought what I think Sarah or Chris said about a name taking a while to sound "right". I hope I am more sure about the name soon.



This second picture is going with the Noah's ark theme. I stained the wood frames and then glued the little animals I got at Michaels onto the frames. I thought this one came out cute also. Now I just have to fill them with pictures.



The last picture I will completely give Jeff credit for. While in the wood section at Michael's he saw this oar, AKA "paddle" and had to get it. Then he found these wood letters and got them to put on the "paddle" after he stained them. I don't know if you can tell, but this thing is big. Way bigger than the baby will be at first. Jeff thinks it is hilarious and hung it in the baby's room. Oh my....

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

You guys are so crafty! Those things look great! I'm impressed. i want to do that. And i'm so excited to have a Micah Budd in the family. i love that name. And I laughed out loud when I saw the "oar". :)

9:03 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

the room looks sooo cute! i can't wait to see the cute little boy that will be living in that room! I can't wait to baby sit! i can't wait to brag about yet another adorable nephew!!! hehehhehe it is so exciting!!!!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Your craftiness is fantastic. I'm soooo impressed.

And you so casually introduced the name. It has to be final now... Heehee. No turning back... You posted it!

I love Micah Budd. It's great!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

Those are adorable! We have a similar name/shelf thing for Emily, but haven't painted it yet. The funniest part is that we bought the e, l, and y first, because her name could've been Kaylee. After we decided on Emily, we went back for the m and i. We also bought the little dog woodent things to glue on the shelf. Maybe I'll make it this weekend, thanks to your inspiration. Oh, and I really like the name Micah.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I am glad everyone likes the name. I am sure it will grow on me.

Chris: I would love to see the crafts when you are done.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

GREAT job you guys. Fun times. I never had a suitcase packed! Good job for you two. The name is great but if it's a girl you can always buy new letters, HAHAHA

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home