Saturday, May 06, 2006

Back on line and updates

I am back on line after a week of not being able to get on the internet at home. Yeah! I am still having a few computer issues, but it is nice to have some stuff solved.

We have been testing at school so my students have been a little more crazy than usual. Besides that my week has been pretty boring.

Jeff went today and talked to a group of men about how the church needs to be the light of the world even though usually the church doesn't seem too "bright". The head guy asked him to come back to talk to their board so Jeff must have done a good job challenging/encouraging the men. Jeff is an excellent speaker. His sermons get better each time I hear them and he does a great job of getting his point across and keeping your interest at the same time.

Jeff is also starting to help out at the juvenile hall. Jeff had a few classes at Seminary with Peggy, who is a chaplain at the juvenile hall. Jeff went to a training last weekend and then helped out with a service/bible study this week. Jeff and I have gone once to help out with a Christmas service there, but Jeff wanted to be more involved so he will try to start going monthly. We'll see how it goes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Steele said...

That sounds awesome about Jeff--give him a high five or something for me. And I'm glad you're back online.

3:15 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Good job to Jeff!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Lonnie said...

Wow, Jeff, that is awesome. Good for you.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home