Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Frustration

I have not been blogging for a while or keeping up on anyone else's blog because my lap top at home has been having problems. Yes, my new lap top I got about 7 months ago. I had too much stuff on it so I had to put some of it onto my external harddrive. While in the process of putting things on my hard drive and then trashing them on my lap top I threw away something really important that I should not have. After spending some time with apple care and not fixing the problem they suggested that I reinstall my whole system. Yipee! Now her words of advice were, "just as a precaution you should save anything important because there is always the possiblility of it being erased." I asked how possible it was. She replied it was not very likely to happen. I saved the stuff I thought I couldn't live without onto my external hard drive and reinstalled OS X. Yes, you guessed it, my lap top harddrive was completely erased and replaced by the new, blank system. Had I thought a little harder, there were a few things I forgot I had on the computer that I would have saved if I was told it was more of a chance that I would lose it all. Oh well, such is life. Thankfully most of the pictures and video that I tried to save on the external hard drive but for some reason didn't transfer over, Jeff has on his computer. As for the sub plans I had started for next year, I can always rewrite them. Maybe they will even be better the second time around. Positive thinking. : )

Well, one of the things that got wiped off my laptop is the wireless internet system we have at home. I need to reinstall the disk, but I can not find the disk. "Sigh". What a pain in the rear this has been. It has been even more painful the last few days because I can't get on line at home and the school system has been wacked out and down for a few days as well.

So that is my excuse and I am sticking to it. The system at school came up again today so I am at school blogging. I usually write from home so when I get the wireless at home working I will add more. Until someday in the future. Adios.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

i hate computer problems.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Yuck, luckily I have my tech at work who keeps my computer running well all the time. I'm very lucky to have that support.

By the way, I noticed you added your blog site to your profile. Very convenient. I'm glad you did that. Now I can just click on your name when you leave a comment and I can go to your page. Yeah!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

Computer problems drive me berzerk. Especially when they're not my fault. Oh, and about the lesson plans...ARGH! I definitely feel for you, and admire your positive attitude.

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home