Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Another trip to the doctor

Today at the doctor's office I had to drink "the drink". It actually wasn't too bad. The lab gave me what appeared to be a small bottle of orange soda and told me I had five minutes to drink it. I then had to sit for one hour while the drink did its thing and then I got jabbed with a needle and they took my blood. It is a test for diabetes during pregnancy which I guess is not all that uncommon. Unfortunately I don't particularly care for orange soda and I HATE being stabbed with needles. Oh well, it is over now.

The actual doctor visit went good as well. I gained another four pounds. I guess that my appetite did not slow down as much as I thought it had. The doctor said it was textbook weight gain at a pound a week. I guess I am just getting used to eating so much. : )

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

ah yes, "the drink". i got the sprite version, which i've heard is better than the orange version. and when i was pregnant with ellen, i was the exact same way about the needle jabbing. i told the lab tech this and she laughed and said "believe me, when you're in labor you're going to be begging for a needle jabbing you." and she was right.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Hey, Chris has that next week.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

My mom keeps stealing my comments. Oh, and my next belly pose will be next week (I can remember to take them if I take them right before my appointments, which have been every 4 weeks. Unfortunately, after next week, I start going every two weeks. Talk about confusion...)

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the drink. It was horrible, and then to have to endure the needle stick. It was very traumatic, but of course you know my irrational fear of needles. That's why I opted for the natural "needleless" approach to childbirth.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home