Thursday, April 27, 2006

Strange Dreams

Last night before bed I was reading a magazine in which different women were discussing how there labor went and what they wish they'd known or would have done different. After this I did a few other things and then went off to bed. Last night I dreamt that not myself buy Sarah was in labor with Isaiah. I can't remember much about the during labor part, I don't think I was there, but less than an hour after giving birth Sarah decided she wanted to go home. She removed her catheter herself (don't ask me how I knew that), squeezed into what looked to be about a size 3 pair of jeans and walked out of the hospital with her baby. The whole time I was thinking, "There is no way I can follow that up. I will surely be a failure in everyone's eyes". I was so relieved to wake up and realize I would not have to compete with super Sarah on a miraculous recovery including all weight gained in an hour flat. Sarah, I am so glad you are human.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

wow, that does sound nice though. does size 3 actually exist?

10:07 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

Yikes, that would be a truly amazing birth story. I'm pretty sure that will be a far cry from what I do.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

I agree with Sarah. Size 3? I was in elementary school last time I fit into a size 3.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home