Thursday, April 13, 2006

I found a sub!


I was very excited today. I have been thinking that I needed to start looking for a substitute teacher to take my classes for the first two months or so of the next school year since I am due in August. I was putting it off because it sounded so hard to find a sub who wanted to work only part time (I am only working 3 periods) and take so much responsibility for my classes. A sub was recommended to me who I have used before and other teachers think highly of. I decided to go and talk to him since he was on campus today subbing for another teacher. To my surprise he said that he would not mind subbing part time for the first two months of school. He said he would be fine taking more responsibility for planning lessons, grading and starting classroom management stuff. Since he will be starting the school year he will be needing to get info. from the students, assign seats, make seating charts and all of that other stuff that gets done at the beginning of the school year. I am relieved. It has been something that has been in the back of my mind bugging me and now it's not. Yeah!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

that's a relief! good work.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

I'm jealous--I haven't found anyone yet. Although I have started getting my lesson plans together. I've also made a list of all of that back-to-school stuff that they'll need to cover, like my expectations, how my classes generally run, etc. We'll see how it goes.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home