Sunday, April 02, 2006

23 weeks today, Movement, and Baby Registry

I forgot to mention I am really feeling the baby moving. I am 23 weeks today. I have been feeling movement for sure for the past 2 weeks and before that I thought I was, but then I would think, "Or it could be gas". It is fun but also feels kind of funny. Having some alien life form inside of me poking around can be an interesting experience. Jeff has tried to feel it, but without much luck yet. I think within the next week or at most the next 2 weeks he will be able to feel the baby moving. Chris Hale said that at 24 weeks her husband could feel the baby moving. It will be cool to share the experience with Jeff.

We registered at Babies R Us yesterday. We kind of did a quick run through because we knew we could always add stuff later and we were both tired of standing. My back has been bugging me lately if I stand for too long and Jeff joked (sort of) that it is nice that my back has been wearing out before his when it is usually the other way around. It was still fun to look at all of the baby stuff. I think we took the longest time to pick out the diaper pail. Who knew where our priorities would lie. : ) Baby stuff is expensive, but we have been lucky so far. People have given us a few different gently used items already that will really help us to save money. Thank goodness for baby hand-me-downs.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

which did you choose?

10:24 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

A good way to get Jeff to feel the baby is to lay on your stomach with Jeff's hand between your stomach and the floor. It's not the most comfortable, but the baby's not very comfy either, so he usually move around. That's how Jon felt his first movement. (Then I think he said, "Roll over, she seems ticked!")

7:16 AM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

One more thing--I found a TON of stuff online at Babies R Us that was much cuter than the stuff I found at Target.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Sarah: We picked something called Diaper Dekor because it looked like we might be able to use regular bags with it and not have to spend an insane amount on refills.

Chris: I will try that with Jeff and yes, we registered at Babies R Us.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

What did you decide for the baby crib theme?

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home