Monday, September 25, 2006

No Milk for Micah?

Micah has been very fussy the past couple of weeks. Not a very happy baby at all. Jeff and I could tell that he was having stomach issues and he would cry a lot. I looked at the fussy foods list I got from my doctor of things I could eat that would contribute to Micah's gastrointestinal problems and the only one I could see that I eat on a regular basis was milk products. I LOVE milk products. Especially cereal I have every morning or the day just doesn't seem the same.

I decided to do an experiment to see if cutting out milk products would help Micah's stomach. Fortunately, Micah seems to be doing a lot better in just the three days since I cut out the milk. He seems much happier and smiles more. I will continue with no milk products for the rest of the week and if he is still feeling better they may be cut out permanently for the next few months.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

i feel your pain. Isaiah was having trouble for a while and I tried cutting out all dairy - that was painful. I'm glad he seems to be feeling better!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Yikes, that's too bad. I know how much you love your cereal.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

I would die if that happened to me--not only do I love milk, but cheese is a close second. I also eat yogurt several times a week for lunch. Will you get to add it back in slowly, or cut it out completely while he nurses?

6:26 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Chris - I am not sure. I have cheated the last day and had some cheese. It is almost impossible for me to cut out milk products completely. But Micah seemed gassy again tonight so I am left to wonder if it was the cheese that is causing Micah to "cut the cheese". Sorry, bad joke. : ) At this rate they may be out for good.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home