Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The question you don't want to ask unless you are sure

Yesterday I went to the mall to return something and while I was there decided to buy another nursing bra at the store Motherhood. A nice girl helped me to find my size and then brought me to the register to ring me up. While finishing the transaction I heard her ask me, "So are you due in a few weeks?" Thinking I must have heard her wrong and also giving her a chance to escape the question if I heard her right I asked her to repeat what she had asked. She boldly asked again, ""So are you due in a few weeks?" I replied that I had already had my baby and I laughingly said, "I hope I don't still look pregnant". No response came from her so I am left to wonder if she was just embarrased or didn't want to admit that I still looked over eight months pregnant. Hmmm...

5 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Wow, what an embarrassing situtation. Just remember that last I heard you still weighed about 8 pounds less than me. Unless you've been sitting on the couch eating bon bons all day?

I think we should get a full body shot to see what she could have seen to have her making such a comment.

By the way, I once had the department secretary ask me if I was pregnant, and there was no getting out of that one - I wasn't, had never been, and wasn't shopping for a nursing bra at the time.

So funny.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

she's probably new and thought that would be a nice conversation question. she'll probably learn real quick. how irritating though

11:46 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I learned the hard way with that question my self. When I started selling tickets at Knott's there was a discount for pregnant woman! I asked the wrong way and yikes!! She wasn't pregnant. Now there isn't a discount so it's all good!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

ok ummmm that is insane i mean that shows how smart she is...not how you look because you look great!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

The same thing happened to me. After I had Caiden, one of my male co-workers came up to me, put his hand on my belly and asked me if I was having another baby. I couldn't believe it!! Last time I saw you you looked great, and that was 1 week after Micah was born!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home