Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Jogger stroller


I am excited about my new jogger stroller. I like my regular stroller better but when I went for a walk with my regular stroller last week I realized my neighborhood has terrible sidewalks with cracks and lots of uneven places. I decided to look on Craig's List for a used jogger stroller for three main reasons.

#1-The jogger stroller has bigger wheels so it doesn't get caught in the cracks as easily.
#2-The jogger stroller has only one wheel so it is not as likely to get caught in the cracks.
#3-The jogger stroller is balanced to go up and down sidewalks that don't slope downward. My neighborhood's sidewalk corners are not made for wheel access so you have to jump the curb at each corner or go down the last driveway near the corner. Bummer.

The only thing I was worried about is that people have told me the joggers are a pain because the front wheel doesn't swivel so going straight is great but turns are a pain. I was excited to find a jogger stroller on line that had a swivel front wheel that can also lock in place. It was less than half the price of a new jogger stroller and is in great shape. I just had to clean it up a bit. Also, I haven't tried it yet but it has little speakers where you can plug something in and you and your child can listen to music. Jeff, Micah and I took the jogger last night for a walk and it did great. Yeah!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Steele said...

That does look great--we're looking at those, too, for many of the same reasons.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

ooohhh that does look nice! and it has speakers?! and good job finding it on craigslist.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

That is totally awesome. Good find!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How clever! I have never heard of anything like this but I may have seen one...speakers too! This should be very useful for you! And, half the price!!!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home