Saturday, April 26, 2008

Miniature Golf

Last weekend we went out with some friends of ours, Laura and Freddy. I work with Laura at Willow Glen Middle School and we are pretty close. We went to Costa Rica together a few years ago to learn Spanish. Freddy also worked at Willow Glen for a little while. Now he works at anther school. They are both amazing with how much they do for kids. They are both really involved with the kids they teach and truely care about kids. Anyway, she and Freddy are getting married this summer and Jeff is performing the ceremony.

Laura is trying to get the hair tie out of her hair so that she can look beautiful. : ) She just had her hair done. It was really cold that night so we were all bundled up, although I think that Freddy won with the snow jacket. ; )

Micah didn't completely get the concept of miniature golf but he did really great. They gave him a small club and a ball to play for free. He hit the ball a little but mostly he was just a moving obstacle we had to get around on the course.

I didn't do very well. It seemed that I was a bit rusty on my golf skills.

Hmmm.... is Freddy checking the time? Come on Jeff, just hit the ball. : )

And we can't go anywhere in San Jose without running into just a few of our students. I just got back from the mall and saw 4 past and present students. I don't think I have ever been to our neighborhood mall without seeing at least one student I know.

Micah playing with the cigarette sand.
Micah being just plain cute.
Afterwards Jeff and Micah had to play skeeball while Laura and Freddy did pinball.
Then we went out for a coffee to warm up. And yes, we saw two more students there.



All in all a nice night out with friends.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

It looks like you guys had a really good time. That's really great that the couple you were with cares so much about kids. We really need good teachers who do.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Hart's Haven said...

I really like his haircut!!!!! He is always adorable..
In the pictures it sure looks like he is growing up fast. Wish I could spend more time with him.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Haha. I was just about to ask if Micah got a haircut, and then I saw the title of your next entry. :)

Looks like fun. When we took Caiden miniature golfing at that age, he would run up with the ball in his hand and put it right next to the hole then put it in. He said he was helping me because I wasn't very good. Sad thing is he was right and I appreciated the help.

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been blogged! How cool! Thanks for all the nice words from both you and your sister!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home