Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter 2008

On the Saturday before Easter we went to an egg hunt in the park. In the first picture Micah tried to go out into the field that was roped off to grab some of the loot before they said "go". I made him put the egg down and come back to the side. He was pretty heart broken and cried on my shoulder for a couple minutes.


Now I really am a good mom. I had Micah's basket to collect eggs sitting by the door that morning. Jeff and Micah and I went somewhere earlier in the morning and we didn't end up going home again so Micah got a garbage bag to stash his eggs in. I don't think he cared.

Micah liked the Easter Bunny. He even gave him a hug.

On Sunday we went over to Kevin and Luann's house. They always do an egg hunt for the "kids". That includes Jeff and Ashley and I as well. Of course we had to leave the easy eggs for Micah. : ) Jeff and Ashley always compete to see who can get the most eggs. It makes the hunting pretty fierce.

Jeff showing of his bounty.

Ashley counting her eggs.

Kevin and Jeff just kicking it.

Micah played it smart. Before the competition began he stole all of the reeses cups out of Ashley's basket.

Micah had fun but I am not sure if he really understood what was going on. I think that for part of it he thought that I was making him clean up. It was funny to see him want to check out and play with or eat everything when he picked it up. He didn't really get the delay of gratification very well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hart's Haven said...

Sometimes I wish sooooo much that we lived closer and I could see Micah more often. Love you, Mom

7:37 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

How cute. I was laughing reading this to Jake. We can't wait to see you guys next weekend.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

That sounds like a lot of fun, and to be able to join in on the hunt for easter eggs...:) Maybe I will have to try that next year :P

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home