Saturday, April 26, 2008

Friday Night Fun


On Friday night Jeff came home and said that we should pack up and go camping. We didn't have anything done, didn't know where to go and it was 6:30 pm. I told Jeff that I didn't think we could do it on such short notice and he seemed a little bummed so I suggested we put up the tent in our backyard which eventually turned into Micah's tent in our den. First Kevin and Luann came over and we hung out then we made a fire in the fireplace in front of the tent and put on a movie to watch from our tent with sleeping bags and pillows inside. I thought Micah would eventually fall asleep but at 10:30 pm he was still wide away and fighting sleep so we put him to bed in his room. As the movie ended Jeff and I looked at the sleeping bags on the ground and decided to head back to our comfortable bed. It was still a fun night.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

That's funny. Did Micah like the whole camping experience?

11:19 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

He liked it, but he didn't get as totally excited as I thought he would. I think that so many things are new experiences that maybe it didn't seem like as big a deal to have the new experience of having a tent in the den.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Hart's Haven said...

That is cool....... He's not quite old enough to get excited about camping outside. But I bet you had a good time pretending.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

We did that before. It's amazing how a living room can become exotic and exciting. :) Fun times.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home