Thursday, September 06, 2007

The happs

My computer. I sent my computer last time to apple care with three things wrong with it.

1. It wouldn't turn on.
2. The battery would not charge.
3. The keyboard would not light up when dark.

I got it back after sending it for the third time and it would turn on and the keyboard lights up but the battery still will not charge. I am really frustrated because they didn't even check it and this last time I was very clear that a big problem was the battery not charging. I know it is not my adapter because I can charge my other mac with it so it must be either the battery or something broken between the adapter and the battery. I would have thought that they could have at least tried a battery in my computer to see if that was the problem.

A couple years ago I had this same problem and I had a friend with the same battery. I tried theirs and it would not charge so I knew it was the connection and not the battery but I don't know anyone with my same battery this time. How frustrating.

I called the apple people earlier today but got put on hold so long I had to leave the house for a doctor appointment and when I got through they said I had to have the computer with me. Rats. I called again when I got home and after telling this person my sob story he is sending me a new battery for free. So at least I am getting something out of it either way. Now I will know if it is my battery or not and even if it is not the battery that is the issue I am going to keep it for emotional pain and suffering. :) He said the new battery will arrive in a week so until then I just have to stay plugged in. I hope the new battery is the end of this story.


I have started school and all is going well. I teach four periods and they are all pretty good. I get to be out of school by 11:40 am and I am home by 12:30. It is really nice. I miss Micah but it is good for him to be with Jeff and nice that he gets a chance to be with Aunt Ashley.

Micah is really growing up. Hi is walking faster althought I don't think I would call it running yet. He never seems to be in too much of hurry. He used to wave forward like normal but now he waves backward at himself. I think because he sees people wave at him and thinks his hand should face the same way as theirs. It is cute.

He can sign "more", "finished", "thankyou" but can still only say da da. If he wants something to eat he clicks his tounge. I think that is because I would make tasty noises when I was eating something I liked.

Micah still LOVES music. He bounces or dances or waves his hands when he hears it. Micah does high fives, kisses and his new one is rubbing noses. He like to "tickle" people although I have to tell whoever his is tickling what he is doing so that they can laugh appropriately. (Otherwise they think he is just touching them) He loves to take the hose and water the grass, plants or concrete. He loves books although he seems to lose interest quickly. He likes to sit in my lap.

Although he doesn't have the shoe fetish that Emily does, he does seem to like shoes and for the first time yesterday brought me his sandals to put on. Micah loves things that roll. He has always liked to push things but lately has added pulling to the mix. He has a green caterpillar toy on a string that he wants to pull all over.

Micah likes to make messes. I keep him away from toilet paper rolls and tissue boxes. He still likes hide and seek. Sand is becoming more fun to play in. It amazes me how dirty he doesn't mind getting.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

How cool that I just got to see some of the things that you are talking about. He's an absolute cutie.

Sorry that your computer is still having problems. That really sucks. Are you going to call back the guy that said he'd personally look into your computer getting fixed?

8:59 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Pam: I did and he never called me back. I am really dissapointed with Apple care. : (

9:48 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Glad your sorta back on line. I've missed reading about you folks. When you get the batter I hope we get photos!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

The computer stuff---stinks. A lot.
The Micah stuff--so cute! I'm anxious to see pictures from your cruise, and the other stuff you've been up to recently. I'm glad school is off to a semi-normal start for you. It's so strange that we just sent home progress reports!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Hart's Haven said...

Thanks for the updates on life. It is so sad when I can't read your blog. Micah is such a good boy! And things will just keep getting better!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Well I will keep my fingers crossed that the battery solves all. I can't stand computer problems...I don't care how they work, I just want them to work.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home