Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Virginia - Part 1

This first picture is of the mom of one of my friends, Jenni, that I used to work with. I worked with Jenni three years ago but we still keep in touch. She grew up in Virginia, Fairfax County, right outside of Washington DC. Since we still talk I called her to see if she could recommend anything I had to see in DC or Virginia. She listed off a few and asked if we needed a place to stay since her mom still lives there. It turns out we didn't need a place to stay but we still had lunch with Jenni's mom anyway.
What Jeff and I both noticed was how fast Micah bonded with her. It was strange since he is really shy with strangers now-a-days. What Jeff and I came up with, since the same thing happened with a girl on our plane flight home, is that if you give Micah space and let him come to you he seems to relate better.



Our first stop was Luray and then we drove over to the Shanendoa Valley. We paid to drive through what is supposed to be an absolute gorgeous drive, but honestly I wasn't all that impressed. On our way back from the drive we stopped by Woodrow Wilson's home and garden. Some pictures are included.




This is a picture of a "park" we walked over to later that day. Since it said it was a park I was a little suprised at the lack of toys or grass or anything park-like at all. We then asked a guy where a real park was and found a great park. We even got to feed the ducks and fish.






Our next stop was at the University of Virginia. It was a really nice campus and had a cool history behind it. Jefferson designing it.




5 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Great trip. Looks beautiful.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Hart's Haven said...

That is soooo beautiful......
Looks like a great time too.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

Beautiful! What a wonderful vacation.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Wow, great pictures. I didn't realize you'd gotten to see some cool things like that on your trip.

I realized after we'd talked the other day that I said a lot about my last couple weeks but didn't really get into what you'd done.

Sorry. :)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

That looks so beautiful there...so lush and green.

That's nice that Micah is starting to bond with people...it's a stranger anxiety stage...Caiden went through it too.

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Great weather too.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home