Monday, June 11, 2007

Our Week

Well here are some pictures from the week. On Thursday I went over to my friend Michelle's house to hang out with her and her two kids Madeline (4 years) and James (6 months). I hung out all day and then even stayed for dinner because Jeff was working. I really like having her as a friend. She is really easy to talk to and nice to get advice from since she already has one child who is older. James and Micah will soon be able to play with each other also. Madeline is already good at playing with James and Micah. She is a great entertainer.



On Saturday Jeff, Micah and I went to Los Gatos to have lunch and walk around downtown. We stopped when we were about done to play at the park. There was a fountain there that Micah wanted to explore although he didn't really like the idea of getting wet.







Besides that there is not too much going on. We have a kitten that a mom of a student at my school gave to me bring to the humane society, (dumb kid who didn't ask and an allergic mom). I brought it down and they said they would kill it and not even try to adopt it out because it is not big enough. It is really nice and REALLY cute so I decided to keep it for another week or two till it is big enough to give to them or until I can get someone to take it. It is fun to have a kitten in the house.

Oh, one more thing. Micah is really not into sharing at all which I think is somewhat typical at his age. It is funny because even if the kitten trys to play with something Micah goes over sometimes and takes it from the kitten. Any advice on how to get Micah to share even at this early of an age?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Hart's Haven said...

Looks like fun, can't wait to see him.
He'll learn to share sooner or later. Try giving him multiple toys and start by having him share the toys he really doesn't like.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I tried to introduce sharing by not sharing...smart huh? When playing with the kiddo I don't give them whatever I'm holding when they grab for it. And I'd say something like it's my turn to play with this - why don't you play with that.

And then later on, I don't ask them if they're ready to share - like not Can you please share but with Isaiah it works really well to say Ellen wants to play cars too - which of those cars can Ellen play with (and 99% of the time he'll easily give her one.)

that's what we've been trying so far. I'm curious to see what other people do.

Oh, and up until a month or two ago it felt like way to much work to share by going back and forth...like you play for two minutes and then i'll play for two minutes. So we had it's ellen's turn, when she's done it will be isaiah's turn. but as they got older it's started working better to be going back and forth.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I say your friend has great toys also.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Oh, how fun to have a kitten in the house!

As for sharing, I have no idea, but if you figure it out I'll be able to ask you later if I ever have a baby. :)

5:43 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

I was thankful for the advice about sharing, too, because Emily's not good at sharing at all. Maybe since neither of our kids share, we can say that it's "just a phase."
We "make" her share--the video where she shares with Jon was after she yelled at him for taking the spoon. She's also turning into a bit of a fit-thrower if we take away something that she's worked hard to get (ie crawled to the coffee table, stood up, and really reached for).

2:36 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

TOO MUCH FUN!
Adorable pictures!!!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

That was great that you kept the kitten.

As for sharing, I did and still do the same thing that Sarah does. We talk about taking turns, and then I take turns with Caiden when we play. There are a few toys that are just So special he has a difficult time sharing those, but most of the time he has been pretty good.

When I see someone sharing with him, or with someone else, even if it's a bit of ice cream at dinner, I praise them for being a good sharer as well. From what I have figured out, kids so want to be good...they want us to be proud of them.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home