Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Stuff

So here is an udate on stuff, hence the title.

My 2nd playgroup last Friday was good and Micah had such a good time compared to last week. That is good because I was a little worried. It is also nice to start getting to know the moms in the group a little better. It seems like it will be a good group for us.

I brought Micah to the Happy Hallow Zoo here in San Jose and was thinking I might buy a membership. The zoo was a bit like a glorified petting zoo, but Micah seemed to like it. He loved the goats and SO wanted to grab them. He is in the pulling hair phase so I wasn't too sure how the goats liked it, but I made sure he was somewhat gentle. I didn't end up buying a membership, which I kind of regret because I think I will later and I would have saved the price of admission yesterday, $5. The park part of the zoo wasn't open because it was the off season and because it is being redone. My friend Michelle told me it is kind of cool and has little rides. I would like to go back on a day that is open. I like the idea of having a membership because then I don't have to worry about the cost of going and I will be more likely to get out of the house. A membership is only $30 for myself and Micah is free until he is two years old so if I go six times this year the membership would pay for itself.

Next Tuesday I invited my friend Heather to go to the Children's Discovery Museum. I haven't been there in years so can't remember much about it, but it is highly thought of by other moms and lots of my friends have memberships so I will probably end up getting a membership there as well. I like the idea of having a different place to go that is indoors in case of rain or heat.

School has been a bit crazy with student additions to my class. I have one student in particular who has made ME a little crazy. He joined my class last Wednesday and I have already had to talk with him numerous times, asked him to go outside twice, kicked him out of a lab, called his mom during class, after he lied to me about her phone number twice, (I got the phone number from the assistant principal) and had him asked 3 times by a guest speaker to stop talking and pay attention. Oh and did I mention he was absent from my class the last two days so he managed all of this in four days in my class. It turns out he is suspended for five days for something not related to my class. Wow.

Lastly, for our anniversary Jeff got me a pass to a spa at the Hayes Mansion. My friend Michelle went also because her husband got the same package for her because she just had a baby. The spa was very nice and Michelle and I had a good time. We felt very spoiled and relaxed. Thanks hubby. : )

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

i highly recomend the yearly passes. for me its nice not to feel like i have to get my money's worth and see the entire place. i really like being able to be there for only an hour or two or to just focus on one exhibit or whatever. that's cool that micah is so into already!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Hart's Haven said...

How fun it will be to get to go different places with Micah, and as Sarah said not worry how long to stay cause you can always return another day. Hang in there with your new student sounds like he might not be around too often.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Wow, that student sounds awful. Am I really thinking about teaching? I don't know anymore with all of these horrible stories you're telling.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I love taking Caiden to the zoo. As Micah gets a older he will really love it. Dave took Caiden the the discovery center and he LOVED it. It's nice to go to such educational, but fun places.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home