Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Las Madres

Lately I have been feeling like a want a group of moms that I can hang out with and other kids that Micah can play with. Micah has been more social lately so I thought he might have fun with other babies his age. I have some friends with babies Micah's age but often times things come up and plans get canceled. That is fine, life happens. But if you have like 5-10 moms who are going to make a playgroup date then if a couple cancel I can still go since there will still be some moms there and I took the time to plan it into my schedule.

I asked around and I was recommended a group called Las Madres. I decided to sign up and see how it goes. I already got responses on the yahoo groups page welcoming Micah and I into the group. The first event I am going to is on Friday. I am really hoping I can make some friends and Micah can make some friends as well. I don't want to get too excited, but I kind of am. I guess I didn't realize how important social interactions are for me and since I have only been working part time I miss a lot of the hanging out and chatting with other teachers at school and it has been harder to make plans with friends because of kid stuff.

I will let you know how it goes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes. I wish I had time to do something like that.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

That sounds interesting. Of course, if you move down here, we could get together often. :)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

wow - good job being proactive. that sounds super great. i'm curious to hear how it goes.

oh you could always move here too! :) dave and i keep talking about figuring out some way to be closer to relatives.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

That does sound like a great idea. I don't know what I'd do without my fellow teachers. And yet, something with moms of young kids would be great, too.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Hart's Haven said...

What a good idea. Hope the other mothers are nice.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home