Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Just because it has been a while

I kind of feel like Sarah because I feel like I should blog, but there is nothing happening much around here. This weekend was pretty low key. Jeff and I just got things done around the house. You know you are a bad house keeper when you go to vacuum the house and your son who is almost 6 months old stares at the vacuum like he has never seen it before and for just a second you wonder if he has.

I just realized that I never posted about last Friday's playgroup. It was fun. I got to know some moms and their kids. It will be nice to go to more stuff and get to know them all better. Micah did not like the group much. I think he was a little overwhelmed with all of the babies. I hope he does better at the next one.

Micah has really been starting the stranger anxiety thing and has been pretty clingy. If people stop and try to interact with him he will often start to cry. I feel bad for the people who are trying to be so nice, but what can you do? He won't really let other people hold him much either. He has to be in a good mood or we trick him with a fast switch and face him out so he doesn't know he is being held by someone else. Micah is still getting up two to four times during the night. I SO want a full nights sleep. Micah is also just about to have one of his bottom teeth cut through so that probably doesn't help much. I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast.

This week is spirit week at my school. I will post a picture later of dressing up for one of the days. At my school we dress up each day to show our spirit and then we play basketball against John Muir Middle School, our arch rival, on Thursday evening. I am helping with the 8th grade float again this year for spirit week. We did not have the same student interest as last year and we had a shorter time to make the float so it did not turn out as good as the last few years. Hopefully I will get a picture.

This year I am working with a new 8th grade science teacher and he is great so far. He spends so much time looking into new stuff to do for our curriculum and he is really nice. We hit it off great. I almost feel like I am working with my friend/teacher Jenni again from two years ago. That is really high praise.

Well I can't think of too much else to blab about so I will sign off for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Wow, so great to hear all of these things. It was actually quite interesting. Maybe I should just start blogging what I'm feeling and what's going on with me. Love ya!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

i'm glad you enjoyed the play group. I gotta do something like that.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Caiden also had a hard time sleeping when he was getting teeth. Don't worry...it will pass. :)

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home