Monday, July 24, 2006

It's flippin' hot

So are we all hot enough? I just about cried when I read on line that the temperature should go from a high of 100 degrees today (yesterday was 104) to 86 tomorrow and continue to drop. I don't know how people in other parts of the country survive. (chris..)

Yesterday our power went out at around 2:30 p.m. so we went to the mall to escape the heat. While we were there a transformer blew and caught on fire so the power in the mall went out and we had to leave. We came home late after dinner to our very hot house. We just started blowing the hot air out and the cool air in and... yes the power goes out again at about 9:30. Since it was still way to hot in the house I went out and sat in our hammack on the back patio. After an hour I realized the power was not likely to come back on so I told Jeff I was sleeping in his truck with the air conditioning on. At 2:00 a.m. I saw the lights in the house were back on so I went in and started the fans again and was able to sleep in my own bed. : )

Yeah for cool temperatures on the way.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

That's horrible! We haven't had any power outages that I know of. And you went to sleep in his truck?! Poor pregnant lady...

4:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

i cannot imagine being pregnant in this weather. seriously sleeping in the truck?..it must have been horrible.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

I am not envious of you at all! At least we have central air in our house, and teaching summer school provided me the luxury of free a/c for most of the day.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Lonnie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home