Monday, July 24, 2006

The heat has done what the exterminators couldn't

For those of you that don't know, we have carpenter bees that live in the wood patio covering in our back yard. A few days ago I noticed about seven of the bees lying on the ground pretty much dead and a few were not formed all the way. I washed them into the plants and wondered if it was the heat that was killing them. Yesterday a few more appeared and then today there were about twenty of them on the ground and a few were really almost just larvae still. My hypothesis is that the heat is baking them in the wood and they are coming out to escape and then just bake on the patio. I almost feel bad but I know that I will now have about 30 less bees to deal with later on. The exterminators that have been out two times now have never taken out this many.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

that's weird. i never thought heat could do that.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

At least there is one good thing the heat does!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

I agree with my mom...now if only it would take care of those cats.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Thank goodness you're getting something good out of all this misery.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, does it feel like the heat was a "gift from GOD" because you needed the bees gone. LOL! Now we know who we should have been "thanking" this summer: Wendy and Jeff. (Just foolin')

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home