Sunday, February 10, 2008

Guest Presenter

A couple of years ago I had a friend, Jinsoo, who is getting his PhD in chemistry, tell me he should come in and do an experiment with my class. I told him any time and this week he came in to do it. The students seemed to really enjoy it and it gave me a break as well. First Jinsoo did some color flame tests with different elements and then he had the students do their own experiment involving Luminol. That is the stuff in CSI that glows when it comes into contact with blood. These are some pictures and a video from the day.






3 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

I love that blue glow. Although I expected the student to look more excited about it. ;)

12:28 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

All 16 groups got to do it so she had probably already seen it a couple of times. : )

2:09 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Wow. That looks really cool. I love the color blue that it turns. You are a great chemistry teacher, I never had much fun in chemistry, but that's probably because I didn't have a very cool or fun teacher.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home