Monday, December 17, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Last week Jeff, Micah and I went out and bought our Christmas tree. Jeff did a good job preparing the tree.


Micah loved helping to hang the lights on the tree.



I took some time the week before to hang the lights outside. We don't want people to think we aren't in the Christmas spirit. : ) I like how you can see our tree from the front window.

In this last picture you can see my nativity set on the coffee table. I love it. We also have our Advent calendar on the fireplace mantle (not shown here). Micah is so excited every day to go and get his piece of candy from the calendar. When we say we are going to get the candy from the Advent calendar he runs over for the candy. Micah definitely got my sweet tooth and love of chocolate. There are three pieces of candy for each day and Micah is pretty good about sharing with Jeff and I.

For a few days after we got the tree Micah wanted to keep going over to sit by it or just go look at it and touch the ornaments. He would drag me over and have me sit with him and look at the tree. Actually if he wants you somewhere he will drag you there for most things. Micah is really good with the ornaments. He doesn't really try to pull them off. We just tell him to touch the ornaments with "one finger, one finger" and he has been fine.

5 Comments:

Blogger Hart's Haven said...

Your decorations look great! It's so fun when the kids start noticing the tree. This Christmas will be so awesome now that Micah is older and will really have fun. He is such a cutie.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

GOOD TIMES

9:05 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

That's so cute. I love hearing these stories about Micah. I can't wait to see him this weekend.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Your tree looks great. That's cute that Micah likes to sit and look at the lights. I wonder what he is contemplating while he sits there?

10:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your tree and decorations all looked great...and what a treat for Micah to share some of his candy (I guess it was probably Jeff's portion) with me when I was babysitting. Christmas is such a fun time to begin special experiences that Micah will remember forever.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home