Saturday, December 08, 2007

Christmas In the Park

On Thursday we decided to go to Christmas in the Park. It is where groups from all over the city set up a whole bunch of Christmas stuff and then masses of people go to hang out and look. We were afraid it was going to rain on Thursday and then all day it did rain off and on. We decided to go anyway and it just drizzled a little bit. Usually there are literally hundreds/thousands of people at the park but the rain scared everyone off so we were pretty much by ourselves. Weird.

We decided to take the light rail into downtown because it would be fun. Here we are buying out tickets.

Waiting on the platform.



We arrive at Christmas in the Park!



We thought it would be fun to go and see Santa. I don't think we got a picture with Santa last year.
I knew that Micah would not be thrilled with Santa but I didn't think he would hate Santa quite as much as he did. I just went with Micah to stand next to Santa and Micah started crying and screaming. Not a happy child. I have never felt Micah grab onto me so tight.


Jeff decided he would sit on Santa's lap since Micah wouldn't.

Pictures to show how empty the park was.


We had to get a family picture in front of the tree.

The Mauldwins got a family photo also.

Micah looked so cute as a Soldier.

Then we loaded up in Santa's sleigh.

It was a fun night at Christmas in the Park.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris Steele said...

That looks like A LOT of fun. I bet it was kind of nice to have the place to yourself, although it does look pretty cold. It was 80 degrees here today (not to brag or anything).

6:18 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Looks like fun. I'm getting a bit jealous of how much time Michelle gets to spend with you guys. I wish we lived a bit closer to each other.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Hart's Haven said...

How fun! Good times what's a little rain!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

That looks like a ton of fun. I'm glad you went!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

haha. I have pictures like that of me with santa. I didn't like him either. My sister is sitting there smililing pretty and then I am red faced screaming my head off.

It might be nicer with less people. No crowds and all. Plus you got to dress up in warm jackets and scarves.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home