Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Going on

Not too much is going on here but I felt like I should post something. Jeff has set up his next job at the new church. It is called Great Exchange and it is pretty big. It is a church plant, 5 years old, of about 600 people. Of that about 85 percent are Asian American. I thought is was not considered a multi-ethnic church but a member of the church explained that it is very rare for so many different ethnic groups within the Asian American community to come together. Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese and others so it IS actually considered to be a multi-ethnic church. That is cool. I have mixed feelings about the church. I feel like I need to get involved and learn a lot because that is why they want Jeff and I to wait 6 months before planting our own church. So we can take time to learn from a different church than the one we have been at for the last 10 years, but as the same time I don't really want to get involved because I know that in less than a year I will be leaving that church and all of the relationships I have put time into. Kind of a funny situation to be in. So we will have to see how it goes.
At the same time we have been thinking about moving into the community that Jeff wants to plant the church in but rent prices are crazy. Jeff and I are SO lucky to have what we do for the price. I just don't think it makes sense to move if we are going to get a lot less for a higher price rent but it is frustrating to be thinking about church planting in a neighborhood that you can't afford to live in.
My school told me that they will need me to work full time next year so I am a little depressed about that. I really don't want to have to work full time. I always said that I wouldn't work full time when I had kids but it seems like every year I have justified why it would be OK to work a little more. I ask myself when I am 80 years old will I regret the fact that I worked instead of staying home with my kids. It woould require some big sacrifices on our part in order to live on one salary that I just don't think Jeff and I would be willing to make. I am trying to ask the district if they could find anyone to work part time so that I can also work part time. I will also be looking. Prayer would be appreciated.
Micah is doing well. He understand a lot of what we say it seems. I really need to start watching what I say around him. We just broke out the playdough and he loves it. He love to hit things with sticks or hangers or anything that can increase his reach. He is definitely not a stacker like Emily, he likes to knock my blocks down. His rule seems to be no stacking of blocks over two in height. Micah still loves to help. He likes to climb and go outside. He is still in love with cats and dogs. He is nice to the cat now most of the time. He likes piggy back rides and rides on your shoulders. He loves to play, play, play and will pull you by the finger to make sure that you come play with him. He loves to "read" books and to watch videos on the computer. I think he could watch videos all day long. His favorite videos are of his friend Madeline. I think she might be his favorite person in the world. He get so excited to see her. That is who he is chasing in the previous video. He also really likes Madeline's mom, Michelle. Sometimes even when I am around he wants to sit in her lap or have her hold his hand. I am not used to being rejected and I don't like it, but I am glad he likes her so much since Michelle babysits for me somewhat often. Micah likes to make rules and have you stick to the rules. He does enforce his rules which I guess is only fair since I get to have so many rules for him, half of which he probably doesn't even understand. He is usually a very good kid.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hart's Haven said...

Good to catch up! I will pray that eveything will work out for your family and a new church. Anything that happens will be a big change. Stress never goes away in life, it only changes.......
Love you see you soon.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Wow, that's a lot going on. We'll definitely have to talk more when you get here. But some questions I have are 1) Is Jeff actually changing jobs? Why would someone hire him if he'll be moving on in a year? 2) Are you going to have to put Micah in some type of day care if you have to work full time? 3) How far is your home from the community where you want to plant a church?

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy, that is a lot of change for one family! As you know, GOD has a plan for you and Jeff and it is exciting to see the two of you moving into this exciting ministry. (I wish that I lived closer to see all of these changes come together.) Working fulltime and planting a new church seems like a huge undertaking. I do wish that I had been able to be at home with Tim and Christy for more than the few years that I did. Those years go by so quickly and you are planting more seeds than you can even imagine. Sometimes the sacrifices come with huge blessings. I will definitely be praying for you, Jeff, Micah, the new job, and all of the decisions that you have to make. No easy answers with these huge changes...and no right or wrong solutions either. Now to the important part: it has been my experience that boys need the "knock over the blocks" activity but I don't know why. Somehow it must help them become men. lol Girls need the creative building to become mothers...hah!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Hopefully someone will be willing to team teach or take over some of your classes. Is there another teacher that also wants time with their kids that you might be able to partner with? Hope all goes well with the new church. It seems that whenever God closes a door, he opens a window - even though we may not see it at the time. Maybe this is His way of saying that changes were needed and are in store in a positive way. :)

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home