Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Happs

Well not too much has been going on lately. School/work is still going strong. We get out on June 13th. I start my last classroom unit tomorrow. I always leave Sex Ed. as the last unit because I know that it will keep my students interest. Smart move on my part. : )

I have been listening to other moms talk about their babies quietly playing in their cribs in the morning giving the moms an extra 20 to 30 minutes of sleep. I thought that I would try this out so I attached two toys in Micah's crib that he could play with when he woke up. So at 3:20 am this morning I wake up to Micah wide awake playing with his toy in his crib and not sleeping. Hmmm.... bad move. The toys have now been removed from said crib.

The mother cat and kittens in my backyard have all been caught and removed. I hope they will all find homes but I am pretty sure the mom will not find a home. I also caught another cat that may not find a home. Kind of sad so I don't really want to think about it. I just hate trying to play with Micah on the grass and always trying to dodge cat poop.

We have been going to the park a lot enjoying the not so hot weather while it is still here. I like getting out of the house. It is easy to go crazy if I stay in the house too much.

Jeff is in exploration mode for planting a new church. Our church is going to keep Jeff on their payroll right now but he has the job of studying and preparing to plant a new church. We get assessed in October by the Covenant to see if we are a good fit to plant a church. We will see how it goes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Steele said...

That is slightly funny about Micah playing in his crib. Emily has plenty of toys that she sometimes plays with, and other times she just calls for us and throws all of the toys out (as a threat, almost, that we'd better hurry up).
Exciting news about the possible church plant--would in be in the San Jose area, or elsewhere? We could always be a resource to you, because our church was a church plant--we're at 500+ in 7 years.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I think we would be in the San Jose area. I will let Jeff know about your church and I will keep you updated on ours.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

That is so funny about him playing with the toys in the wee hours of the morning! yikes

9:35 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Are you talking about a church that Jeff would plant and take over?

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home