Sunday, April 15, 2007

Super mom

So today I decided to go out and do some gardening in my flowerbeds in the backyard since they are looking a little overgrown and was remembering how last year I got to use the excuse of being pregnant to pay two of my junior high girls to help me out. This reminded me how tired and pregnant I felt about this time of year and I realized that even though Sarah is almost at the same point in her pregnancy she still does everything so efficiently you might never even realize she is pregnant. I decided that I want to be a super mom like Sarah, but I don't know if I could do it. While we visited Sarah was able to get both of her kids ready to go wherever we were headed off to in about half the time it took me to get just Micah ready and then would help me with whatever I needed. I think at a few points she even carried something for me and made it seem at the time like a reasonable thing to do with two kids of her own and five months pregnant. Hmmm.... now I do remember Sarah giving some advice about how with a pregnancy you are supposed to milk it for all its worth, but somehow I don't think she is following the rules. : )

Anyway on a side note, you know how parents call their kids by each others names sometimes. Well, today I called I called my cat Micah. Somehow I don't think that is helping me toward my super mom standing.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris Steele said...

I also emulate Sarah--I wish we could all live near her to make it easier to learn, be motivated, & inspired by her.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

haha. that's a cute posting.

Don't worry, you are a supermom in your own right! Sara has just had a little more time at it. :)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

you guys are making me laugh!!! out loud!!!! i agree with melissa. it takes time. you establish a groove and you are super in your own right. but holy cow this post is making me feel good. Especially after several days of Isaiah being nearly impossible and making me feel decidely un-super.

and for the record - you cleaned the house for me and you made dinner for us all. and you carried the heavy stuff. Babies are harder than toddlers and kids - at least when it comes to carrying them and everything around.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Sarah- thanks for the pep talk, I hope, I think time will give that "super" groove. : )

9:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

anytime.

AND I forgot to include that while my children may have been ready to leave first, your child was clean (with clean clothes!!) always. truly remarkable.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

cleanliness is overrated!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

You guys are all too funny. :)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Hart's Haven said...

Wow, the guilt.
I spent years trying to be super mom and to be super clean. JoAnn is right it's over-rated. Now all I want is to spend time with family and enjoy life.
Guess this means I'm getting old.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home