Saturday, June 07, 2008

Let's go fly a kite

On Thursday night I watched my friend Michelle's kids for a few hours while she and her husband went out with some friends for dinner. We walked to the park and hung out there for a while. We had fun flying the kite. We almost lost it once. Seriously within inches of being gone into the riverbed behind the field but it got caught on the very top of the baseball backing chain link fence right before the river bed. I climbed up the chain link and rescued the kite just in time.


Madeline did a great job flying the kite.
Micah and James were happy to watch.

We have to remind Micah often times to let go of James after the hug. I think Micah got a time out on this hug because he would not let James go and ended up knocking him down. Sometimes there can just be a little too much lovin'.

I wish that I would have got a picture of us walking to or from the park. I have a single jogger stroller so James sat in the seat, Micah sat on the foot rest and Madeline sat up top where the cup holder and handle bar is. It must have looked kind of funny with all three kids piled on top of the stroller but it worked well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Welcome said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Hart's Haven said...

That sounds like it was alot of fun!!!! I can't believe how big James is getting. I bet he is a tuff little guy growing up with a big sister. Micah would never mean to hurt him but sometimes kids don't really want long hugs. What fun.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

looks like fun. that's funny about the hugging.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Awww...he just loves to give loves. :) Hey, it could be worse. He is a lover, not a fighter that's for sure.

Good job at rescuing the kite. It looks like it was really windy there too...we have tried the kite thing, but I think we did it on days there was not wind. Not such a good idea.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home