Sunday, April 29, 2007

Hike

In a previous post by Pam she showed some pictures of a hike and I said it would be fun to go with Micah. We decided to go and with Micah but man is Micah heavy to carry. We borrowed a really nice backpack carrier from David and Melissa also but he still felt really heavy. We stopped once on the way in, a huge 1.8 miles but yes we still took a break for snacks and then again at the falls. We were able to make it all the way out without taking a break. Very impressive.

We found multitudes of wildlife. Salamanders (pictured), a rat, squirrels, waterstriders and... hmmm well maybe not multitudes but it was still fun.







8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

how did you like our ergo? they're supposed to be great for long hikes - but i admit I haven't tried it yet.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I had a fun time. Did you ever verify with mom that it was the same hike we thought it was?

1:41 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Sarah, I did like it. The only problem I thought was that Micah could not see over me so he had to look to the side. It was very comfortable.

Pam, no it was not the same one. Mom said that we had only gone on that hike one time before. But the one that you were going to go on next time with Alex, I think she said that might be the one.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

it looks like a lot of fun. I always think I want to do things like that and then I freak myself out thinking I'm going to run into mountain lions or bears or something.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

btw, dave just told me that salamander is potentially rather toxic - so don't eat any.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Sarah, ha ha you are funny. I think that is an extremely rare occurance. Now I know where your kids get there great imaginations. Also, thanks for the tip on the Salamanders. We almost roasted one over our campfire. Close call. : )

9:31 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

Yikes--I can't imagine carrying Emily on such a long hike. It does make we want an ergo, though. I think it might be on my wish list for munchkin #2.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun, and you got some good pictures. I agree that the backpack carrier is comfortable (once you adjust for yourself), but the weight of the baby can make it cumbersome. We really love the pack though.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home