Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Update on Al and other stuff

Where shall I begin? Al, our poor little kitty, is still having a rough time. His sutures are coming out of his bum and I don't know if he is better. He keeps trying to lick his hinny, but he is so fat he can't reach so he has licked a hole in his tail. The veterinarian said he should be headed for a diet. Well... after the operation he got really bad diarrhea. Now I don't want to gross you all out so I won't include pictures, but lets just say that Jeff and I finally noticed when Al crawled into bed with us and left leaky poop smears across our sheets. Upon further inspection there were poop stains where Al had sat on our futon, carpet (in many placed) and our comforter for the bed. But my favorite was walking down the hall and stepping into something cold, brown and squishy right between my toes. Needless to say for the last week Al has been living in the extra bathroom and has just recently earned the right to come out for a few hours at a time. When we went to the Vet for Al's checkup she said he is not cleaning himself well enough and his owners were given the job of doing it for him. I guess God thought I needed practice wiping up rear ends before parenthood.

Also I helped my 8th graders build a float for spirit week. The floats are built on shopping carts that we borrow from the supermarket. I am so bummed that we did not get a picture of the float. The person in charge of taking pictures got a full card before our float came out. It looked really good. Our theme was Treasure Island so we made a pirate ship. It was cool and yes the 8th graders got 1st place.

Also I am starting to help out with our girls and boys volleyball teams at school. Tonight we had our first night of actual tryouts. It looks like we will have an OK team. We don't have many returning players so we will see.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Steele said...

Ewww--I cannot say that I am jealous of your cat situation. But I am jealous of your helping with volleyball teams. There are no volleyball teams in northern Louisiana, so I have no hope of coaching at this point, although I'd love to. Oh, and I also had a dream the other night that I saw you (Wendy) and completely forgot to talk to you about pregnancy things, and was really disappointed when I left. Random. Mabye we should email our experiences or something.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That would be cool Chris. : )

7:41 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

That's one of the grossest things I've heard in awhile. Jake would probably make me through away the comforter. Actually, he'd probably have us recarpet the house.

Seven lost weight when I put her on diet cat food. Science Diet is the brand I use although it's a bit expensive. I went back to non-diet a few months ago and she's plumping back up again so it looks like she's back to diet food next time.

You guys should see if you can donate your shopping cart floats to the bums in the neighborhood. You could call it a beautification project. Actually, you should have just come by my house and collected the carts that people leave on the street. I HATE that people leave carts around. How lazy are you that you can't bring your own roller with you to the market? I've actually considered becoming a police officer so that I can arrest shopping cart thieves.

My Police Chief: "It looks like you've listed shopping cart thievery as your reason for arresting the last 15 people you brought in."

Me: "And I won't rest until I've imprisoned them all! Hee,hee,hee" Rocking back and forth with an evil smile.

Police Chief: "I'm sending you in for a psychological evaluation."

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Pam. Pretty gross. Let's just say, when Dave and I come to visit that we won't be sitting on the furniture :)

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home