Thursday, March 05, 2009

Trip to Stanford

With my due date approaching in 6 days I decided to make Tuesday my last day at school. Yesterday and today it was so nice to not have to go into work, although I must admit I am still doing a little grading I brought home with me.

I haven't mentioned about Jeff, but the church plant we were attempting didn't quite get off the ground so Jeff is looking for another job to keep himself busy. I told him to take a few weeks easy so we had a little time to welcome our new little one into the family. The timing couldn't be better to have a bit of a break.

We decided today to take a tour of Stanford University. We can't start Micah thinking about college to early right? : ) It is an absolutely beautiful campus. After getting to the tour 10 minutes late (I guess parking at any college is a pain) and walking around a bit aimlessly trying to catch up we finally found them to catch the last 20 minutes or so of a 50 minute tour. We then had some lunch and walked around the campus for another couple of hours. It was fun.




It rained on us for about 5-10 minutes but the rest of the day was beautiful.








In this last picture you can see our stroller in front of the tower at the bottom of the steps. I was very careful with Micah. Even though his head was too big to fit through the bars I still held on to him the whole time. The bars were really wide apart. Have I mentioned that Micah's head is big? Mine fit through the bars without much problem. I think studies show that having a big head is a sign of intelligence. : )

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Steele said...

What is Jeff thinking of doing?

The pictures are beautiful! And Micah doesn't have a big head--he should hang out with Emily more often. That girl has a big head. And on a tiny little body, too.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Jeff doesn't know yet. We will keep people posted.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

What beautiful pictures! And, what a positive way of seeing the time that Jeff has right now. It is perfect for the three...soon four to be together. The church is gorgeous. Is that at Stanford?

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home