Sunday, November 12, 2006

Mom and Micah

Jeff left on Wednesday to go to a conference in San Diego so Micah and I were on our own until Saturday. Well, except for Kevin and Luann's cat Jennifer (no picture, sorry). They were having their house tented while they were both away so Jennifer came to stay with us. I thought she would be freaked out but she made herself right at home without any problem and seemed to get along pretty good with Al also.

On Thursday morning while I was at work, Micah stayed with my friend Michelle and her four year old daughter Madeline. Michelle is 8 months pregnant so I guess it might have been good practice for the new baby. Micah had a good time with them. I then went back to school for our campus life junior high girls. We have our small group on Thursday from 3-5pm. That night was a relaxing evening.

On Friday I did not have work because the schools observe Vereren's Day. My mom and her husband Jim are coming to visit this week so the day was spent playing with Micah and cleaning. I'm sure we all know how the cleaning supplies can come out with a mom's visit. : ) I am looking forward to hanging out with them for a few days.

Saturday I went to a baby shower for Michelle, the woman who watched Micah on Thursday. Here are some pictures of us getting ready for the shower.





The shower was fun. I had to leave a bit early to pick Jeff up from the airport and then we headed toward our "Couple's Connection" group. That was fun also. We talked about how to deal with anger with our kids, but it could also be good for how you deal with anger as a couple or just in general. For those of you who don't know, I have a bit of a temper so I tried to take what tey talked about to heart. Interestingly the worst kind of expressing is in passive agressive behavior which I tend to do sometimes. It is even worse than yelling and hitting things because the anger is not really being expressed and dealt with. Hmmm....

The next picture is waking up Sunday morning. I let Al in that morning and a little later found Al on Micah's blanket. I didn't have the heart to kick him off so we all shared. When Jeff got up he took a picture of us.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

ah! he's getting even cuter!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those times when you're going solo can be kind of tough. I'm glad you made it (and jealous of your school holiday!). Is Micah's hair turning blonde? The picture where he's smiling after his bath makes it look that way.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Chris: Micah's hair in some photos looks a little blonde, but in real life it is pretty brown. I think it will stay dark.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Your pictures are totally cute. I really like your new profile picture. I showed it to Jake and he even smiled. :)

9:56 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Micah looks really good in green. He is so adorable. Can't wait to see him again :)

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home