Tuesday, August 08, 2006

There's a bird loose in the house

As I was nursing Micah yesterday I heard a bird that sounded like it could be inside. The front door was open so I also knew the bird could be on our front porch; much more likely than inside. After Micah was done I went to inspect but all was quiet by this time. I shut the front door changed Micah's diaper and went into the den to sit. I had just sat and the bird started to chirp again. I knew the front door was closed so the bird had a good chance of being inside if I could hear it so well. I got up to look and saw a hummingbird fluttering around bonking his head on the ceiling. I opened the front door again, but hummingbirds it turns out are not so bright. After chasing it around climbing on couches and using a plate to try to move it out I gave up and used a big paper bag. I scooped him out and he landed on the porch window. I looked after a while and he was gone. After contemplating why a hummingbird would come inside I realized we have flowers on our porch and a bright orchid just inside our door. He must have seen the orchid and come to explore. Poor thing is probably traumatized for life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

good rescue on your part.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

How funny. Poor thing might not every be the same after that trauma.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

Yeah, good job on the rescue. Here we just have bugs in the house. The birds just hit our big window and fly away.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home