Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A real baby

Well, Micah is officially becoming a real baby. Translation is that he is more cranky (gas I think) and doesn't always sleep perfectly. I am sure this is only the beginning so I am trying to gear up to the challenge of having... gasp... not a perfect baby. I have 2 explanations for the two week perfect baby time. You tell me which you think it is. Number 1- God knows that it takes about two weeks for mom to feel almost human again after the birth so he gives us a short break before the storm hits. Number 2 - God likes a good practical joke and so he thinks it is funny for parents to think they have the perfect baby who never cries and who could sleep through the whole night and then... wham... baby wakes up and wants what he wants and wants it now or he is going to cry his little head off regardless of if you, the parent, understands what they want or even have the ability to give it to them.

I am going with number one because I want to think the best of God, but... what do you think? Could there be a number 3 explanation?

4 Comments:

Blogger Hart's Haven said...

Micah is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is just becoming a real person who knows what he likes and has discovered how to get it. Be patient and know that how much you love him is how much he will love you. God never puts us through more than we can handle.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

maybe it takes the baby two weeks to recover from being born....? and then they sorta wake up and make themselves heard and known?

10:19 PM  
Blogger Chris Steele said...

I agree with numbers one and three (Sarah) also. I think everyone kind of recovers and reality hits at about 2-3 weeks. I think they really start to wake up around then, too, breaking their easy eat-sleep-eat cycle (darn).

1:06 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Wow, I'm glad I got to see him during the good baby phase. But I still miss him and want to see him again soon.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home