Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Too long

It has been too long. I have pictures to post from camping but those will come later. A quick update first.

School has started. I went back almost 2 weeks ago. My students showed up last Monday. I think I have a really good group of kids this year so I am excited. I also love it that I am down to 3 periods this year. I feel like I barely start my day and it is over and I get to go home. I love that.

Kaia is getting so big. She had been grabbing and holding stuff for a while. This week she learned how to sit up really well on her own. Only once in a while does she topple over. Micah and Kaia are best buds. Kaia loves Micah and he loves her. It is so cute to watch her whole face light up when she sees him. I think Micah thinks she is his own personal living toy. He has never been really jealous that I can see. You should see some of their screaming matches. They scream back and forth at each other and love it. He always wants her to lay on him and he is so good with her. We will see how things go when she starts taking his toys. : )

Jeff is still looking for work. We will see where God takes us. Jeff has a couple of possibilities. We are even looking outside of San Jose. I told him only warm places. I don't do cold. And since I am 51% of God's will for our lives, I get warmth. : )

Oh, I bought a bunch of AIO (all in one) with pockets, one size fits all Coolababy diapers off of ebay. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them. They are so easy to use and clean. You can get all you need for about $200 and then all you are paying for is detergent and water. I just run them through a whole cycle (with soak) two times and they are so clean. I even let the poop stay on them and crustify. Am I getting too graphic? I love them! And not one more diaper into the trash. Yeah! Anyway, if anyone else has a baby you will probably get one from me to try it. I don't know if I would have tried it except that my friend got me a diaper service and I wanted to wash them on my own so I looking into something easier.

So life is good. Prayer for a job for Jeff. It has been several months now of looking and we are getting antsy.

Now I just need to post those camping pics....

3 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Great update. The kids sound totally cute together.

I hope Jeff gets a job soon, preferably closer to us if not in San Jose. :)

Glad to hear your students seem good this year. I hope mine are. I get them on Monday so we will see.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the update-I wouldn't believe how good Micah is with Kaia if I hadn't watched it myself. We're praying for Jeff's next job every day.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Hart's Haven said...

I'm so happy that I'm about to burst....
See you soon........

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home